Thursday, May 19, 2011

Full Figured Siren

   So I recently had an insecure moment about my body image. Living here in America it is extremely hard, especially when the world is screaming at you BE SKINNY. The media constantly streams to us that skinny girls get:
~Attention
~Love
~Money
~Better Opportunities
~Don't have to work as hard
   Skinny girls are automatically pretty no matter what. They never have to stuff themselves in anytime of clothing. I don't know how they do it. I mean I ENJOY FOOD! Who doesn't, although those who have fast metabolisms don't count( I hate you guys!...jk..no really). It is clear a journey of self love is needed not only for myself, but for other women as well. It is a constant struggle for us.
    The woman pictured here is the lovely Crystal Renn. She used to be 95 pounds when she first started off as a model. Currently though, she has been a plus sized model and working it!  I love the curves of this women..I don't think I have any! Recently she went to a size 8-10, but she still looks just as fab. My fat never falls in the right places..I wish. I seriously need to work on self...does that make me selfish?

2 comments:

  1. Women generally forget to concentrate on themselves with all of the other pressures going on in the world. Think about it. As a young woman in college you have to worry about things like, finals, groups and clubs, finding a job, getting good grades and pleasing your parents!! Trust me I know how it is! But when you get to a point when you can recognize that your own health is critical to you being successful with all other things, that is when you will be well rounded and happy with the life that God has given you.

    I know exactly what youre feeling. There have been many times where I felt like "I wish I was skinny!", as I got older, I started working on the inner and that is really what makes the confidence come out on the outside!

    Sorry for such a long reply, I just can really relate to this so much! Thanks for sharing!

    Candice
    http://no1rule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I come to terms as you have done..Congrads on getting ready 2 Grad!

    ReplyDelete